Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sarah Palin comes to the RRB

This morning when I walked into work, a man behind me asked the security guard, "Is this where the Sarah Palin breakfast is?"

!!?

I didn't hear the guard's answer, but when I got my computer turned on I googled "Sarah Palin" and "Ronald Reagan Building", and sure enough, she was in my building this morning for a "Celebration of Life" breakfast.

I mentioned it to my supervisor, just to say that this is a very weird life I have where Sarah Palin might randomly show up in the building where I work, and she said that if I wanted I could go and try to "accidentally" bump into her.  I thought about it, but then I decided better not, because I would want to heckle her and that's probably not allowed during the work day.

So I didn't see Sarah Palin today, but I was for two hours in the same building with her.  Thinking about it still makes me feel like I am having some sort of Twilight Zone experience.

0 comments: