Thursday, March 29, 2007

Saturday Dinner

written Sunday, March 25, 2007


We had fried fish for dinner last night (with the heads still on!), sitting on a bed of fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Peace Corps has told us not to eat fresh vegetables here, or fruits unless they are peeled, because they are often washed with non-clean water and we could get sick. So I was a little worried about the salad with dinner, but since it was all mixed in with the fish - and french fries! did I mention that there were french fries?! - I figured I had to either risk it or skip dinner completely. So I risked it. (I didn't eat any fish heads, though, and neither did the rest of the family).

I'm not sick at all this morning, so hopefully that means I'm safe. Until the next meal anyway.

0 comments: