Monday, July 23, 2007

A funny thing to be happy about

written Sunday, 8 July 2007

 

 

The last time I went up to Tamba I got miserably sick with stomach troubles after I'd been there just a day.   At first I thought it was because I'd overeaten on all the lovely food available in Tamba - spaghetti, peas, hamburgers, beans... And I was so sad, thinking that my stomach just couldn't handle non-village food anymore.

 

But almost a week later I was still sick, so the Peace Corps Medical Officer put me on antibiotics, which fixed me right up.   Which means that I really did eat something bad, and not just too much food that my stomach isn't used to anymore.  Which means I don't have to give up eating hamburgers and chawarmas when I go to Tamba!

 

I think this is the first time I have ever been happy to have had food poisoning.

 

 

0 comments: