Friday, July 25, 2008

Devil cat

Written Thursday, 17 July 2008

Last time I came back from Tamba I discovered that a cat had found its way into my hut and decided to make it his personal toilet. After moving pretty much everything in my room, I finally found where he had left his stinky present: under my bed. So I cleaned it up and thought that would be the end of it. Surely now that I was back the cat would stay away.

But no. In the last few days the cat has come into my hut four times and left me "presents". One of the times, he'd actually done his business up on a rafter – took me a whole day to figure out where the awful smell was coming from, and then I had to figure out how to get it down without benefit of a stool or even a decent chair, and without knocking it down onto my head.

I am starting to feel that this cat has declared war on me, and only one of us is going to make it out of this alive. If I ask my villagers, I'm sure they will remind me that cats work for sorcerers, so this probably means someone has put a curse on me. Whatever the case may be, this devil cat is starting to push me over the edge.


0 comments: