Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Big week

written Tuesday, 10 April 2007


This is an important week for me. It is the halfway point of training, and the week of the first exams and evaluations (I had a health quiz on Monday and a Mandinka exam today - I think they both went well). We were also supposed to be issued bikes this week, but the bike man has apparently gone off to Ghana for some reason, so we have to wait another two weeks. Beginning this weekend, we are finally allowed to leave Thies and go traveling about on our own, so most of the trainees (including me!) are planning to go to the beach this weekend (only about 35 km away).

AND - most exciting of all - on Friday we find out what villages each of us are being sent to! I can't wait. Apparently the staff blindfold us and place us on a giant map on a soccer field, so we can have an immediate visual of where we will be in Senegal and which volunteers we will be living near.

0 comments: