Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm off to my village!

I passed my language test, and today is the last day of training. Tomorrow we have the day free to pack and relax a bit, and then Saturday we go to Dakar for a swearing-in ceremony. Back to Thies Saturday afternoon/evening, and early Sunday morning we start traveling to our villages. I will just travel to Tambacounda on Sunday (which is an all-day trip), so on Monday I can open a bank account there and go shopping for some basic supplies for my hut. Then Tuesday it's off to my village! (I'm a little scared, but also excited).

After Sunday I will only be able to use internet, send/receive mail, and do pretty much anything else besides eat, sleep, pound millet, and pull water from the well, when I can travel into town 70 km away. So my posts will probably become less frequent. But don't worry, I am not going to disappear completely!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOO excited for you! Love the stories --- keep em coming!
Miss you!
Na