Thursday, May 24, 2007

Rain

written Sunday, 20 May 2007

 

 

Last night was thet first rain of the rainy season, which officially begins in June and lasts til October.   I had teh idea before I came here that during the rainy season it would be pouring buckets all the time, but as it turns out, rainy season is just the time of year when it rains occasionally, compared to the rest of the year when it doesn't rain at all.

 

It was windy and lightning for quite a while before it started raining, so I had time to bring my mattress in from outside.   I was lazy and didn't bring in my mosquito net though, so now it is soaked.  I am leaving it hanging up for now, hoping that the sun will come out and dry it.   I also forgot about my toilet paper last night, which was sitting on the fence around my latrine, so now it is ruined and I will have to use the bathroom African-style, using a cup of water to rinse off with.

 

I had gotten quite used to not having to think about the weather, leaving things outside overnight or making plans without thinking about what the weather might be like, but I guess I'll have to start thinking about the possibility of rain now.

0 comments: